Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Patrolling PB


Episode #1

I love my patrol boat. I anchored about three hundred metres off Pacific Beach and paddled ashore on my board. I had the hairiest chest on the beach that day, but none of those waxed fucks had a patrol boat. I secured the board to the scariest looking dog I could find and went for breakfast at Kono's. Twelve minutes from boat to French toast - a new personal best. The place was full of tools that morning.
"I want peanut butter and jelly!"
"We don't purvey it dude."
"You don't purvey shit!"
"Quod erat demonstrandum, dude."
He left. I ordered Kono's Big Breakfast #2 and sat down. The conversations in there were completely implosive. Baseball and bacon and the periodic table. I resisted the urge to spray lead around that pretty café. I ate and left. The dog turned out to be a seal or something. I brought him back to the patrol boat. He'd earned it.

No comments: